Step-1 – Select a Realtor

Realtor logoThe terms Broker and Realtor® are often used interchangeably – BUT have very different meanings. In Colorado a person must be licensed in order to sell Real Estate. Standards set by the State cover the minimal education, examinations and experience needed to become licensed. After receiving a real estate license, the better brokers join their Local and National “Association of Realtors”, the world’s largest professional trade association.

The Real Estate Broker can be called a Realtor® only after joining the Association and subscribing to a strict “Code of Ethics” (which goes well beyond state law). It is through the Realtor Association that the Broker agrees to collectively share the information on all houses listed for sale. This is done through the MLS or Multiple Listing Service.

CRS logoYou’ve heard it many times. “The purchase of a home is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your lifetime.” In today’s market, selling a home is equally important—getting the most out of your investment.  CRS Brokers must meet stringent education and experience requirements. That’s why only 3% of REALTORS® are Certified Residential Specialists. CRS agents are dedicated professionals. They work to ensure success for their home-buying and selling clients by tapping into their superior training, exceptional professional referral network, and timely and cutting edge industry resources. You want success. You want a Certified Residential Specialist.

Go to STEP 2!

Go back to Contents

Meet Your Professional



The Real Estate Insider