In Colorado, licensed Real Estate Agents are authorized by the Colorado Real Estate Commission to prepare contracts to purchase real estate if the forms used are approved by the Real Estate Commission. This makes for a much simpler and less costly closing process than in many other states.
Once you decide which house you wish to place an offer on, you will have many decisions to make including:
- Purchase price you wish to offer
- Financing terms – Cash down payment, earnest money deposit, type of loan, interest rate, pre-approval letter
- Time period for inspection of property
- Time period for appraisal of property by your lender
- Time period to review title opinion of property
- Contingencies you wish to include – for example, the sale of your current residence
- Time period for loan approval
- Setting the date and time of closing
- Presenting the offer to Sellers
- Negotiating and finalizing any terms and conditions which the Sellers may wish to modify from the original offer presented to them through a counter-offer
Through this entire process of preparing, offering and negotiating the Purchase Offer, we will work closely with you to maintain timely responses and provide market savvy answers to questions as they come up. Having done this nearly 900 times, I can be of real help here.